Law enforcement officers required to hold a valid full-time license issued by the Minnesota Police Officers Standards and Training Board and who are employed full-time by either a state, county or local political subdivision. Full-time federal officers having the power of arrest with a warrant are also eligible for enrollment.
Associate members consist of public officials not eligible for regular membership or anyone employed as a special law enforcement officer by private employment or any individual, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Law enforcement officers required to hold a valid full-time license issued by the Minnesota Police Officers Standards and Training Board and are employed part-time are eligible for associate membership. Persons whose job classifications are included in a union, federation, or other association bargaining unit are eligible for Associate membership only through their union, federation or other association.
- Eligibility for membership in the MPPOA Legal Defense Fund with 24 hour access to the top criminal defense attorneys in Minnesota
- The MPPOA works for your economic, social and professional advancement through legislative advocacy, endorsements and lobbying at all levels of government both State and Federal
- Direct access to our in house insurance agents that provide preferred pricing for MPPOA members and their families for home, auto, umbrella, valuables, boat and flood
- An invitation to attend our annual Legislative Conference and Convention
- Subscription to the Minnesota Police Journal
- Notifications of important issues and event for public safety professionals
Read our bylaws.
To apply for membership online, fill out this form.
To pay your dues online click here.
To apply for membership & pay by check, download this form.
To change the address we have on file, fill out this form.